Thursday, June 5, 2014

Owl Diaper Cake

This is an owl diaper cake I made for a friend's recent baby shower.  She is a big fan of owls and this seemed perfect.  Saw it on Pinterest and followed the link to an Etsy page selling them for $35.  Now, I hadn't made a diaper cake before, but I was sure I could make one for a lot less than $35.

Items:
Diapers  $6.00
Ribbon  $1.00
Fake Flowers  $2.00
Baby Blanket  $5.00(on clearance)
Baby Bib  $3.00(on clearance)
Baby Hat $3.00(on clearance)
TOTAL: $20.00
This total could be even cheaper if you use cheaper items, but I thought this was pretty cheap already.

I made the whole thing in less than an hour and there was no painting or gluing or any of the messy stuff.  Maybe one of these days I'll know somebody else having a baby and make another one for this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment